Who can be strong and independent? It seems so difficult. Always there is something what makes pressure at us or limit our actions.
People often like when somebody is weak and dependent on their will. Especially if you are a girl or a woman.
I have to acknowledge that I also can't imagine true girl so strong as Hercules, or so independent as lone wolf or a hermit in the desert. Just it is not that what I would really like to be. So do I need it?..
But "A Few Steps for Self-Development" are for everyone. No matter you are a boy or a girl. Making a daily challenge to yourself gives a lot of advantages for a better life.
1. Discover who you are. Find some free time to learn what you like and what don't like. So you will be able to keep your values even if somebody will reject them. On this depends what choices you make in your life.
2. Stay who you are. Don't compare yourself to others. You have individual features and you have to develop them in your way. But it is also good to take lessons from those who you think are more lucky, than just to be feeling jealous of their achievements.
3. Stay educated. Your education (formal and informal) reflects level of your intelligence. It also helps to understand things from different points of view. You can read books, learn science, foreign languages, technologies to improve your skills and awareness.
4. Be happy with what you have. Don't chase after fashion and trends. Choose that what you really like and need. Look for the right type of work, where you can show the best results. Manage your finances according to your income. Learn to understand difference between necessities and luxuries.
5. Don't look for happiness in others. Create it with your own strengths. Are you single, married or in love?.. All is good. But at first you should learn to love and respect yourself before you begin to love somebody else. Take part in the social life, in school, at work, find good friends, favourite hobbies and spend time with your family.
6. Be honest. Be brave. Tell truth to others and to yourself also. Say "yes" to those things which you like. Say "no" to that what you think is wrong. Learn to stand up for yourself.
7. Take care about your appearance. Be in the good healthy shape. Eat enough but not too much. Morning exercises, yoga, jogging around the neighbourhood - any kind of sport that you like. It is possible even with little efforts to reach good results if to do it daily.
8. Share with others. When you have possibility to help somebody, do it. We don't know if we will be in need, will be there somebody to help us. Sometimes we are also weak and dependent. And little acts of kindness are small steps for making the world a better place.
© Katerina Marinovska.
# Painting "Feeding the Rabbits" (or "Alice in Wonderland") by Frederick Morgan, circa 1904.
Tag: Little Lessons